Friday 17 October 2014

Moriana Pencil Development

I decided to take a break from practicing digital art just for the moment to see if I came up with a fresh and better perspective. I decided to look at a lotus flower because it is quite a lovely looking flower but I can't stand looking at the pods in the center. This made me think of my city and how the outside is meant to be lovely looking and the center of the city, the hidden city, not so much. I realized quite quickly I couldn't look at the lotus flowers for long so I found a new flower, a water lily, which looks similar and so I worked from that. I even took the design of the flower to start shaping my city from the outside because I think giant glass petals would be quite inviting.

City Streets (1PP) 
City Exterior 
City Bar (1PP)

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using the water lily as the base for your city, it's quite a cool concept. Maybe tone it down just a little though, make it more suggested through having buildings that represent the petals, etc. Just a thought! Look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete